After many months of development, we (RiaMore based in Seoul, Korea) are happy to announce the release of KoolChart version 4.0.
New Chart Types for Statistical Analytics
– BoxPlot Chart: The BoxPlot chart is a quick way of examining one or more sets of data graphically. It takes up less space and are therefore particularly useful for comparing distributions between several groups or sets of data. BoxPlot Chart Demo
– ErrorBar Chart: The ErrorBar chart can be used to compare visually two quantities if various other conditions hold. This can determine whether differences are statistically significant, and it can also suggest goodness of fit of a given function. ErrorBar Chart Demo
– Histogram Chart: The Histogram chart is often confused with the bar chart. A histogram is used for continuous data, where the bins represent ranges of data, and the areas of the rectangles are meaningful, while a bar chart is a plot of categorical variables and the discontinuity should be indicated by having gaps between the rectangles, from which only the length is meaningful. Histogram Chart Demo
– Vector Chart: The vector chart represents data with angle and magnitude in lines, so it can represent fluid data such as specific gravity, velocity, etc. Vector Chart Demo
New Chart Types for Stylish Data Visualization
– TreeMap Chart: Treemaps are a growing trend in online data visualization and interactive and news designers are taking advantage of treemaps to represent a variety of information. The TreeMap chart displays hierarchical information in a series of clustered rectangles, which together represent a whole. The size of each box represents a quantity. Treemaps also can use color to represent any number of values. TreeMap Chart Demo
– WordCloud Chart: Word cloud visualizations are a powerful tool and work in a simple way: the more a specific word appears in a source of textual data (such as a speech, blog post, or database), the bigger and bolder it appears in the word cloud. WordCloud Chart Demo
– Motion Chart: The Motion chart represents data with the moving effect of the data change from the first data to the last data. You can play and pause at any time by using the button at the bottom of the chart. Motion Chart Demo
Color Legend with Checkbox Feature
Series can be on / off by clicking on the color marks in the chart legend.
Out-of-the-box drill-down functionality and no depth limitation.
Save as Image, Save as PDF
One button click to save what you see to an Image or a PDF
Zoom in / out in Mobile Devices
Pinch-zoom is supported in KoolChart 4.0.
The trend line can be displayed on the chart, and the supported trend line types are linear, logarithmic, exponential, polynomial, power and moving average.
HTML Table / CSV Data
Save Data to CSV Format
One button click to save the chart data to a CSV-formatted file.
A new animation effect (Clip Effect) is supported in KoolChart 4.0. Clip effect in the line chart appears as if the line is drawing itself. This effect is not supported in IE7 and IE8.
Easing function is newly provided in KoolChart 4.0, which can be used with animation effects. You can create more fancy animation effect using this feature.
Display Label on Connecting Line (Bar, Column)
Data labels can be displayed on the connecting line of Bar charts and Column charts.
Emphasizing effect can be generated when the user mouse-overs data items. This effect is not supported in IE7 and IE8.
Move Crosshair Line: A new algorithm of moving the crosshair line is applied to KoolChart 4.0. When the user moves the mouse point, the crosshair line moves along the ticks on X- (or Y-) axis and the values on Y- (or X-) axis.
Horizontal Writing for Y-Axis Title The title of Y-axis can be written horizontally or vertically.
Color Range Legend: Color range legend is newly introduced in TreeMap charts.